Monday, July 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my window... another pretty day! Sunshine, not too hot, though they say the humidity will start picking up.

I am thinking... that I don't feel very energetic today. I've gotta rev up the engine!!

I am thankful for... a nice weekend, not too rushed, not much excitement, but all in all - a nice weekend.

From the kitchen... baked pork chops with couscous and mixed vegetables.

I am wearing... navy pants and a yellow tee with a heart in flag colors on it.

I am reading... Leviticus, Psalms, and John and a book called "The Shack" which definitely has an unusual story line.

I am hoping... that my son gets in to the local community college and talks to financial aid, and my daughter finds a job!

I am creating... sorry - nothing!! I'm still on hiatus from getting dd's grad party organized and done!

I am praying...for both of my children. Son has a new girlfriend - she seems nice, but of course does not know the Lord. Daughter still dating a young man I struggle to even carry on a conversation with, and who has huge issues with temper, and can't find a job because he has no skills....etc.,. I am also praying for the families of two local teens - both dying at the ages of 17 and 18 from cancer. One is from our church. It's heartbreaking.

Around the house... gotta start cleaning again, company coming in 2 weeks!!

One of my favorite things...driving excursions with my hubby. We had the best time last Thursday, found some unique places to go wander (and spend money), had lunch out, found parts of Ohio that are not flat....even though my dear brother-in-law thinks Ohio is nothing but flatland!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week. Taking dd job hunting today, general cleaning this week, working for client - I hope, she's on vacation, though. Finally, volunteering at church on Friday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

God sure does do good work. I just love the color of this lily, and are Shasta daisies are still coming on strong. The garden is looking so nice this year.

No comments: