Monday, August 17, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my window...it's a warm, humid day. Rain is coming. We actually could use some rain, so I look forward to it.

I am thinking... it's hard to believe we're in August already. I love the fall for it's colors and cooler weather - but I can't say I look forward to what comes after. I'm very much a three-season fan.

I am thankful for... some fresh produce from the market. One, it cost less than the store! Two, it tastes SO good! We picked up fresh corn, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, blueberries and some raw honey. They'll be around until October - I need to start taking advantage of it!

From the kitchen... Nothing extraordinary this evening. I'm fixing x-tra lean hamburgers and pork 'n beans, some fresh veggies - and the rest of the family can have chips, as well.

I am wearing...black pants and a blue t-shirt with red, white, and blue stars on it.

I am reading... Leviticus, Psalms and John. Hubby and I have started reading "The Hole in the Gospel." I recommend it! The president of World Vision wrote it - and it is concerning our role as Christians in doing more than attending church and supporting the ministries our various churches are involved in. It speaks to personal commitment and involvement. It really makes you think.

I am hoping... that our son doesn't get pneumonia! He sounds terrible. I pray daily that he'll quit smoking. He doesn't get allergies or colds anymore - he gets terribly sick. The proverbial "I told you so" would of course, fall on deaf ears.

I am creating... continuation of family scrapbooks. I've been pretty busy with work, though, and not as much is getting done as I had hoped.

I am praying...for both of my children's spiritual condition, and for my cousin - who just started back up on chemo.

Around the house... getting a few things cleaned up. We're having company in two weeks - twice! Once on a Friday and then again on Sunday.

One of my favorite things...listening to the rain while sitting in the three season room. In fact, I don't even mind a good thunderstorm as long as they're not predicting violent weather. The dog doesn't like it, but I think it's relaxing.

A few plans for the rest of the week. Figuring out what's junk mail in my clients e-mail, picking up an order for a "The Pits" heating pad...you know, like a rice bag...only this has cherry pits in it!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with

This picture dates back a few years, but I print this one as a warning to my dear friends who are wishing away the rest of summer for fall. I love fall too....but THIS is what comes next! So, go ahead, play the Christmas music (Ellen and Kristy), pull out your rakes, gather those leaves, get out the winter gear...AND the shovel! Look ME up in the Spring! :-)

See more Daybooks at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: