Thursday, January 28, 2010



1. How good are you at delaying gratification?

Getting better at it. It's not easy, that's for sure.

2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?

Chocolate.

3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?

5 and I'm probably being generous

4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?

no, not that I can think of. I've been disappointed in things, but not things I've waited for a long time.

5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?

Sometimes - but not often. In most things, it doesn't pay. Now, if you're talking about going from here to the store...well, then yes, I take shortcuts.

6. Which line is hardest to wait in?

For me, the women's restroom - for obvious reasons. However, I'm really not good about the lines at the grocery store. It bugs me to wait longer in line, then it did to shop!

7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?

Yes. Kind of thought it might be a boy, though...and it was.

8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?

I think I'm more patient with the elderly, but I should clarify - that's MOST elderly.

9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?

Probably, when I was a kid. Anymore, my hubby and I pretty much know what we're getting each other - I'm most surprised about what my daughter gets me.

10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?

at least 24 years, waiting for my oldest to turn his life over to the Lord, and at least 14 for my daughter to do the same. (I'm giving them each 5 years to understand what that meant, since the son is 29, and the daughter is 19)

11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?

Depends on what the patience is needed for. Other drivers - me. Change in our children - hubby. Lines at the grocery store - hubby.

12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)

A) Anticipation by Carly Simon

B) The Waiting by Tom Petty

C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx

D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James

I like A, but I like D the best.

If you'd like to read other random answers, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

3 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I chuckled...what you 5 at patience??? I think in many things you are very patient. I hate lines...no really hate them. I will no longer wait at a restaurant...I figure I like enough food...somebody can feed me without waiting.

Marmee's Pantry said...

Very cute!

For me...
2) Dark Chocolate or Marion's pizza.
7) We waited to find out what all 3 of our girls were.
12) C

Blessings, Kim<><

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers!

until next time... nel