Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 2-15-11



For Today...

Outside my window...
some nice warm sunshine, shining on my shoulders and back of my head. Feels wonderful.

I am thinking...that maybe the rest of the ice will melt by tomorrow. No more slipping and sliding!


I am thankful for...
my hubby, who in spite of myself, loves me dearly.

From the kitchen...
Yesterday, I made a casserole with cabbage, carrots, onions, Brown Jasmine Rice, lean hamburger and spaghetti sauce. It tasted like Stuffed cabbage, but without all that work! Yum.

I am wearing...
a red shirt and black pants.

I am remembering... the smells in Grandma Pedde's kitchen. So strong and powerful, family came from all parts of town! Well, it seemed that way. Sausage and sauerkraut, homemade coffee cake - and suddenly the house was filled with family. How'd they do that? I'm sure my uncles all had a powerful sense of smell. Especially for home baked coffee cake fresh out of the oven.


I am going...
no where!!! I need a car, I'm going stir-crazy.

I am reading...Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick - what happens when you dare to ask God for the impossible?

I am hoping...
that I can take some of what I'm reading and it use to God's glory.

I am creating...
or trying to create - a multi-client business schedule. It's either I do that, or remain cross-eyed!

I am hearing...
One of my favorite songs playing in the background - it's on Marmee's Pantry's blog. "Oh, how He loves us so..."

I am noticing...the days are getting longer. YES

Around the house...
laundry, making Chicken noodle soup, and work.

One of my favorite things...
afghans! I apparently am collecting them. My dear, sweet friend Ellen just made me a beautiful one that matches our living room....AND keeps me toasty warm.

Plans for the week...nothing special. Just the usual.

Pondering these words...
Vision: "a clear sense of purpose regarding what God wants to do through your life."

Scripture thought..."The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A DAY LIKE IT BEFORE OR SINCE....surely the Lord was fighting for Israel! (Joshua 10:13 & 14) (thus, the name of the book I'm reading)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



This is right in front of our house, just a little to the left, and it would have come down on the house. It's huge, like about a fourth of the entire tree branches! What with this nice warm up - are we done with the huge snows and ice? I'd be grateful if we were.

Join other women who participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook !

1 comment:

Marmee's Pantry said...

Oh my! My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw your mention of Marmee's Pantry! lol I'm so glad you enjoy the music...I do the same thing. I put it on, turn it up & listen as I'm doing things around the downstairs. :-)

Our grandma's must have been related...food, food, food.

I would LOVE to barrow that book...you know what I'm praying about...still :-)

Love & blessings, Kim<><