Saturday, June 21, 2008

Gardening Help Requested

Ok, what's messing with my roses, and why can't we get rid of these dorky, over-bearing weeds?

It's garden maintenance season. It seems like you close your eyes for a second and some opportunistic critter or weed takes over. Anybody got any ideas on how to stop whatever's putting teensy holes in our rose leaves, or taking huge chomps out of them? It must be two different critters.
Then there's the little wild violets....the violets are gone now, but the plants have covered what was the lawn in the middle of our back garden, and are now busily encroaching garden space. Also, the nasty viny stuff I took a picture of with my husband holding a piece...what is it...and how do you get rid of them and the violets??? Help!!

And while I'm searching for answers and complaining....why did my Jacob's Ladder die? We just planted it in the spring, and it was beautiful, then one day we woke up and went out and it was near dead - and now is completely dead. The roots seemed to turn into root powder!! What gives??

Oh well, part of the gardening experience that always frustrates me. Guess you gotta take the good with the bad!

My parents are still here. We're keeping them busy with non-gardening things (they're not into that). They're hoping the weather won't keep getting hotter - because that's what they're trying to escape from Florida...but it's going to be hot, whether they want it to or not.

I've got a kabillion things to put on Ebay this week. Trying to fit that into an already busy schedule, but can't get rid of the stuff if I don't post it, so need to fit that in, too.

Y'all have a great day!

1 comment:

Jean said...

The top 2 pictures almost look like brown spots, not holes. I have seen the circle holes before and I think they are some kind of bee. Probably the only way to get rir of the violets is spray them(White vinegar is supposed to work if you don't like to use chemicals) or pull them. Sorry I'm not much help. Hope to see you on Bloomin' Tuesday. Good luck!