Friday, December 5, 2008

Been Awhile!!

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long since my last blog. Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

So what have I been up to? Let's see if I can show you a thing or three.
First, there was our anniversary in September. We had this huge, unforgettable "windstorm" here in the Dayton area of Ohio. It took out our electricity, and phones for 5 days. It was during this time that we had scheduled our anniversary trip to Columbus, Ohio - to go see the Broadway version of Lion King. So, we left out daughter at a friend's house, our son at the house to make sure the dog was ok...and we took off. Thinking, of course, that we had outsmarted the effects of the windstorm - because we weren't going to be there!! Got to Columbus with only a few problems because traffic lights were out - but the city was up and running and we had no problems. Had a terrific dinner at a fancy restaurant around the corner from our hotel. Then we walked from our hotel - totally indoors - to the theater...where we saw one of the best performances I think I've ever seen. It was WONDERFUL!! (Never mind the horrible stairs all through the theater!) Then we went back to the hotel and order the luscious dessert in the picture above. The fountain was in the courtyard of the hotel by the way.

The next day we went to find some breakfast before heading to Easton Mall - a huge mall area that is set up more like a village. Well, it took over 2 hours to find an open restaurant, and then we found out that Easton was still pretty much out of commission, and my girlfriend called to tell me they were warning people that WHEN the electricity came on, if there were things left on, it might draw too much power and zap out all your appliances, computer...etc. So, we left the restaurant and went home.

But who cares, we got to go out by ourselves, treat ourselves like royalty, and it was memorable.

The flowers (azaleas) are from Sweetest Day from my sweetie.

Then....


... there was the Wilton Cake Decorating Class. Good grief - if I had known how expensive, and tremendously time-consuming that class would be....I'm not sure we would have done it. However, I learned a lot. So did Kaitlyn, in spite of herself. She did the 4th cake.

Then, I've been working as a Virtual Assistant a few hours a week for Denise Lindvall, an Executive Assistant for Rhea Perry, owner of Educating for Success.com. If you ever want to see what she's involved in (it's very interesting), check out www.EducatingForSuccess.com.

Of course, we're finishing Kaitlyn's last year of school, trying to teach her to drive, and take her back and forth to work. Yes!!! My daughter is employed! She now works for Pearson House, a restaurant of once great renown (those days are passed), here in town.

So, forgive me if I've been a tad behind. Now, we're struggling to get our shopping done, ship out packages, finish home made presents, clean house for company, etc. I would sometime, just once, like a totally "Silent Night" for the entire month of December...no frills, no gifts, no company, no cooking, baking, making, sending, shopping, wrapping, getting ticked with selfish kids, returning, planning, spending....did I leave anything out? Just good Christmas music and a chance to reflect on "Unto us is born today, in the city of Bethlehem, a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord." Have a very wonderful, peaceful, hopeful Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Connie! Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you like the Simple Woman's Daybook you can click on the link I have at the end of my entry. Tons of ladies are doing it and it's fun and interesting to read others'.

Take care - and if I don't get w/you before - have a wonderful Christmas!!

Blessings, Kim Wolf<><