Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday





Well, I think I finally figured out this Mr. Linky thing. Now, while the pictures below are not sunshiny summer garden pictures, or indoor plants, I just love how the birds have used our Dwarf Quince all winter as a landing before going to the feeders. So here are my sweet birds outside my front window.





I love watching the chickadees. They grab one little seed, fly to the maple tree, stick in a crevice of the bark, peck it til it opens, eats....back to the feeder to start over again.

My little quince tree still has some berries left - but for the most part - the squirrels ate them! I didn't know they liked quince.

Have a wonderful day, and visit some more Bloomin' Tuesday pics at http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the birds are happy in your winter garden! Happy Bloomin Tuesday!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Connie, I love your nature pictures for Blooming Tuesday!
Its so much fun to watch the birds in your yard, its even better when you can capture them in pictures!
Thanks for sharing!
Love, Ann

Carla said...

Love your winter pictures! How cool you are able to watch the birds in action:) Have a great Tuesday:)

Aiyana said...

The birds look so pretty against all that snow. I wonder if most birds make it through winter in snowy places, or do most of them migrate to warmer climes?
Aiyana

Jean said...

Great bird pictures! They are so hard to get. I'm glad you figured out Mr Linky! Jean

playsdolls said...

Connie I love bird watching,enjoyed your wonderful bird pictures.

Grammy said...

You have snow like we have. burr. The birds are about all the out door entertainment we have. I love your photos.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. I saw 2 robins that are back a little too early. It's just after 9a.m. on Wednesday and we have all of 8" of snow and will probably have 12" by noon! Hope they survive.

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><