Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my window... gorgeous sunshine. It's still well below freezing out, but sunshine warms me anyway.

I am thinking... one more doctors appointment - then I'm done for awhile....I hope.

From the learning rooms... reviewing for American Government midterm. Having to really spend time reteaching study skills.

I am thankful for... our precious small group. We're studying prayer for the next several weeks and months. Spent some time in prayer last night with the group. It's a very special time with very special people.

From the kitchen... I think we're doing chicken and noodles tonight...with perhaps, a salad.

I am wearing... my bathrobe and nightie...I need to get ready for the doctor's here pretty soon. Moving slow today.

I am reading... we continue with "Walking with the God who Cares" but I'm also reading through the Bible looking specifically for God's promises. Wow, that's SO cool... they are endless!

I am hoping... that my son finds things are not as bad as it seems with his car. He believes the transmission is shot. The car isn't worth the cost of fixing it, but he still owes on it, and he has no other car to get to work. His situation seems from our eyes, to go from bad to worse every day. Wish he understood that this is not God's fault...but in fact, maybe some of it rests firmly on his own shoulders??

I am creating... a list of all the things I need to do before my daughter graduates. One thing I need to start working on is a school-in-review photo album for display and for her as a keepsake.

I am hearing... dd flipping through her American Government book with such a gentle spirit (not). School is just not her cup of tea.

Around the house... a little clean-up after small group, some laundry to do, and the first thing on my list for Spring cleaning - cleaning out the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.

One of my favorite things... watching the chickadees. They are the funniest little creatures...I think God brings them by my window each morning for my enjoyment. They grab one little seed, fly to a tree, lodge the seed in the bark, beat it to death, eat the seed, and fly back to the feeder again for another. Really labor intensive! And for being the small bird on the block, they're not the most peaceful bird bellying up to the bar...they're feisty little guys...no push-over, they're more likely to PUSH OVER!

A few plans for the rest of the week...the doc's today, grocery shopping tomorrow, a volunteer meeting at church on Wednesday, waiting for husband's cardiology report on same day, and hopefully taking my dd to get hair worked on later in the week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Besides my mother, who can resist those soulful little
eyes, and that velvety little nose?? That's our
Petey.

No comments: