Monday, April 27, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my window...there is wonderful sunshine and warmth. It's a bit breezy, but it still feels wonderful.

I am thinking...What a hectic weekend, and a busy week to come! Worked around the house and outside all weekend, except for church. Then the dog had another emergency and we had to rush him to the doggie hospital in Dayton, then grocery shopping!

From the learning rooms...finishing English for the semester, and following up with some literature of choice.

I am thankful for... Spring. It does wonders for my mood.

From the kitchen... I'll be making another new recipe for pork tonight. It has unsweetened applesauce in it, and it's baked in the oven. I'll have to report on it later.

I am wearing... black pants, and an America The Beautiful T-shirt that didn't fit last year!

I am reading... Leviticus, Psalms, and Luke. How did the people of Israel remember ALL the laws? I think it would have been impossible not to miss something! Thank goodness for grace and mercy.

I am hoping... that I don't forget anything in preparation for the graduation party. There's so much that needs to be done, gotten, cleaned. It seems endless.

I am creating...(slowly) a homeschool scrapbook.

I am hearing... someone mow the lawn. While I love the weather, and the beauty of Spring...cut grass is a difficulty in my life. Very allergic.

Around the house... bills to pay, laundry to do, cupboards to clean, a fridge to clean....etc.

One of my favorite things...crossing off items on my to do list!

A few plans for the rest of the week... DD has an MRI today, a dental appointment tomorrow. The dog has an appointment tomorrow. I'm going party supply shopping with a friend on Wednesday, Thursday I may just lay around and do nothing!! (ha), and Friday I volunteer at the church.

A picture to share..
Some of the mid spring blooming purple tulips in our backyard. Colorful and perky. They've been here since we moved in 25 years ago!!

No comments: