Monday, May 11, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today...

Outside my window...is a beautiful, warm, sunny day!

I am thinking...God's creation is beyond my description. I just love the color, and intricacy of nature.

From the learning rooms...just a few more days left!

I am thankful for... my family.

From the kitchen... Tonight we are doing simple hamburgers and veggies. The kids will probably have chips as well.

I am wearing...Black pants and a lime green t-shirt

I am reading...Numbers, Psalms, and Luke.

I am hoping... that I've thought of everything I need to do before company gets here and the party day arrives.

I am creating...a homeschool/graduation scrapbook - still!

I am hearing...Meerkat Manor is on the TV right now. DD loves watching Animal Planet.

Around the house... finishing cleaning the freezer part of the indoor fridge...then on to the fridge in the garage. Ugh!

One of my favorite things...planting new plants and watching them start to grow.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Another therapy session on Wednesday for dd, working in the garden, cleaning house, laundry, and volunteering at the church.

A picture to share..
This is our fairly new raised garden bed just outside the windows of our 3 season room. The upper layer has a Princess Diana clematis growing up the column you see in the back - but it's not in bloom yet. The three planters are filled with pansies, and a little trailing, yellow flower, some coleus, tall spikey plants, and some Sweet Potato vines. Our fountain is a little off kilter this year - and there's no fixing it. For whatever reason it will not line up when you go to attach the fountain mechanics beneath it. What a pain. But it's still pretty!

3 comments:

Marge said...

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your Daybook with us. Meerkat Manor is one of my very favorite series. Hope yours is a happy day! Hugz!!

Kim Wolf said...

LOVELY little garden area. Connie, thanks SO MUCH for you continued prayers for Ty (and us). It means more than you will ever know.

Blessings, Kim<><

Jean said...

Connie, The fountain area turned out beautiful! The fountain looks interesting that way. You'll have to show it again when the clematis blooms. Jean