Monday, August 3, 2009

Daybook for August 3rd


For Today...

Outside my window...It's a little hazy and cool this morning, but will warm up considerably later today. It was a rather cool July...but summer's not over!

I am thinking... the pile of laundry multiplied overnight! I KNOW there wasn't that much there yesterday!

I am thankful for...a nice home. It's not like the gorgeous homes you see on HGTV, or even like the newer homes with all the fancy gadgetry. It's a nice, cozy three bedroom ranch - and it's just fine. With all the folks we know that have lost theirs or are about to, I'm thankful for what God has given us and allowed us to keep.

From the kitchen... we're doing turkey sandwiches and veggies tonight. Roasted a turkey over the weekend...nothing like real turkey without all the sodium and nitrates.

I am wearing... black pants and a pink top.

I am reading... Leviticus, Psalms and John. We need to start a new book, but haven't gotten one yet. I'd like to get a copy of "The Hole in the Gospel" which I understand deals with what Christians are NOT doing that they're supposed to be doing. Pastor mentioned it Sunday.

I am hoping... that we can point out to our miserable, discontented son that "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you're always getting!"

I am creating... new pages for my brother-in-law's, and for my sister-in-law's scrapbooks. It's a challenge because I have only so many pictures divided two ways, and also because I don't know the background behind so many of the pictures. We live in Ohio and they live in Florida!

I am praying...for both of my children, and for my cousin - who just started back up on chemo.

Around the house... gotta start working on the half bath and our bedroom. Of course, that requires some money.

One of my favorite things...playing Shanghai with my husband and/or with company. Hubby and I play every few nights. It's fun, better than TV!

A few plans for the rest of the week. It's back to work for my client this week, she was on vacation. I need to get dd out driving, and to her last drivers ed. class, and run some errands.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with


I think coneflowers have become my favorite summer flower. They look especially pretty next to the hydrangea.

Visit other Daybookers at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: