Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday


Well, I don't know if anyone is from the Dayton area in Ohio, but boy, did we get soaked today!
The lightening and thunder were a pretty good show, too! Our poor Petey was not a happy camper.

Thankfully, I did some photo taking last night - before the rain. Everything is looking pretty stomped upon today!

The black-eyed Susan's used to be a small circle of blooms on the right hand side of this pic. As you can see - they've expanded a little! They are really looking good this year.

My hubby and I have gotten so we really like some of the ornamental grasses. This is the first year for our Zebra grass - and we love it. I don't think it's going to get very tall - but that's ok, we've got other grasses to the side of it - that will get taller, so it will show up really well against the others.

This is a fairly new bloom on our English Rose. This is the first English Rose we've tried. It has risen in my esteem already since we've planted it, just because it isn't particularly friendly to the Japanese beetles. Aww, that's just TOOO bad!!

This is the English Rose opened fully. It's pretty. I actually like the color of the bud better, but for it's ability to stay fairly Japanese Beetle free - it's going to stay for a long time to come.

I was finally able to catch a bloom that didn't already look past it's prime on our climber. I wish I could remember the name - but I don't. We're struggling with our climbers - the first one died from some ugly attack on the leaves. This one is growing - but it seems to climb like crazy, but be sporadic at blooms! Any idea why?

That's the short version of the garden this week. There's a lot going on - but the weeds are growing leaps and bounds and things look untidy. The rain is not helping in getting some control over this situation!

So right now, I can truly say, we live in the "Garden of Weedin"...and probably will for the rest of THIS week at least!

If you'd like to see more pics of beautiful gardens and flowers - check in at http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your roses; they are very pretty.

Tracie said...

My climbing roses haven't done well this year and I don't know why, either. They normally bloom all summer long. I got one good bloom out of one early in the season and nothing since. And the leaves look awful. I'm not sure what's going on with them.