Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today's topic is "rescue". Like so many of the contributors I've read, I too, am thankful and grateful the Lord has rescued me from sin. I was fortunate to be raised in a Christian home, but didn't ask Jesus to personally come into my life until I was 11. (Wow, now that seems like a lifetime ago!)

I'm also grateful that God rescues individuals from really dire circumstances. I think back to the beginning of our dd's life. She was born to a woman who used drugs and alcohol during her pregnancy. Before she was born, birth mom could have aborted our little gal. She didn't.
As she was being born, birth mother almost drowned her, but an aunt found her and rushed her to a hospital. Our dd was born not breathing - but God gave her breath. When she was less than 2 months old, birth mother gave our dd away - then decided to take her back...guns were involved. Our little one was once again rescued when the police removed her.

After several months, we were allowed to adopt her (she'd been our foster daughter since the day she was removed from the home she'd been in) - and on adoption night, she got sick. We ended up in the hospital that very night with her running a 108 degree fever...and no, I'm NOT kidding. She nearly died then, but again God rescued her.

The list goes on and on. The first 8 years of her life were pretty tough. I believe that God rescues us for a reason. I believe He has a plan for us when we've been rescued. I don't know what God's plan is for our dd...and neither does she.

God's not done rescuing her yet, either. So pray with my husband and I that she will accept her need of a Saviour...and let herself be rescued in a way that matters more than all the other times in her life.

Thank the Lord, he rescues us...and if necessary - again and again.

Join others in thankfulness at:
http://www.eph2810.com

5 comments:

Lynn said...

So sad the many things your daughter has been rescued from. When things like these happen I'm always left in awe of the marvelous things I believe God has in store for those precious lives.

i said...

A rough journey for your daughter there. Will be praying for her.

Denise said...

Will be praying.

Holly said...

Beautiful story!

This is off-topic, but I just found you comment on my blog about the Swiffer WetJet refills, and if the solutions I use can be used on laminate flooring.
The Armstrong cleaner says its specifically for no-wax vinyl and linoleum, and ceramic tile. No mention of laminate.
Dr Bronner's says it's all-purpose hard surface, but does not mention laminate specifically.
However, I think you could probably use any solution that was marketed for laminate, diluted in proper proportions, in the WetJet bottle.

Rita T. said...

You have great blessings to share. Hope your weekend goes well!