Monday, September 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook





For Today...


Outside my window... cloudy and a bit rainy.

I am thinking... I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Lots of work to do for myself as well as work for my client that I'm struggling to accomplish because of glitches beyond my control.

I am thankful for... what we have. So many have so little.

From the kitchen... we're doing a pot roast with potatoes, onions, and carrots. It smells so delicious...like Sunday dinner as a child!

I am wearing...black pants and my neon pink t-shirt

I am reading...A Hole In Our Gospel...and again...if you haven't read this - I highly recommend it.

I am hoping... to add some extra hours or some side jobs to pay off some bills earlier.

I am creating... an organized office. Filing, shredding, putting things away.

I am praying... my children and their relationship with the Lord.

Around the house...finishing the weeding and putting down weed killer, hubby's fertilizing the lawn, and we're trying to keep the yard neat and trimmed.

One of my favorite things...a quiet evening, with the candles lit, and reading with my hubby.

A few plans for the rest of the week... an appointment with my daughter in Tipp, getting her temps renewed, working for client, getting house ready for company.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Two pictures today! My hubby and I love Ritter's frozen custard. But they are WAYYYY south of here. We try to get out there some time during the summer, but this year - summer is almost over and we hadn't gone! So yesterday, we took the time to drive down and have our Ritter's Sundae. Yummmmm! I had the above Peanut Butter Mountain. Hubby had his usual Turtle Sundae. We enjoyed the nice weather and the wonderful treat. A nice Labor Day weekend event.

If you'd like to read other Daybook entries - check out: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: