Monday, November 23, 2009

Random Dozen a few days late!


It's a few days late, but hopefully I can still be included in this meme. I enjoy these questions.

1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?

Synchronized swimming! I love swimming, and love the gracefulness of synchronized swimming teams.

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?

Research. My instinct hasn't always been that good. So my dh and I google, yahoo, Ask.com, and ask friends and family, first.

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?

LaRayne Hill

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?

Uh...neither! I don't like to give up anything....part of my problem, when it comes to food. Now which one SHOULD I give up....duh!!!

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?

Spotty and more ripe.

6. Your favorite tree is?

Oak...I love the wide spread canopy, and it's a hardwood - rather than a soft-wood like the goofy maples in our yard. I want a tree that sends it's roots deep, and it's shade - wide.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?

About a 4

8. Has H1N1 touched your family?

Not yet, and I'm praying it doesn't!

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?

I'm usually pretty accepting of the way things are.

10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?

I would have to go with the dog. I'm friendly, and loyal. I think cats are stuck up and moody. I can't say I have a good understanding of a Koala personality.

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?

A couple - not as many as I'd like.

12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?

I choose the shortest lane possible...where I think it might actually get me out the quickest. If the regular lanes have people checking out with 2 weeks of groceries, I'd probably pick the express lane...but I am lane-choosing challenged. I ALWAYS pick the wrong one!

If you'd like to read others' answers to these questions, hop on over to 2nd Cup of Coffee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's my answers to the random dozen:
1. bowling
2. research to make informed decision
3. Jean Oak
4. I need to give up my favorite food, which is chocolate. I've been eating way too much of it!
5. Spotty and more ripe
6. Dogwood
7. I'm better than average, so I would say a 7.
8. My great niece had H1N1; she's better now.
9. I am an analytical person.
10. I guess a dog; I'm loyal and a good friend.
11. A couple, but I've lost touch with so many friends from my past. It's sad.
12. I always choose the wrong lane!