Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Middle Name Game

The Middle Name Game...

Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

LaRayne

Love: My parents gave me my name, Constance LaRayne, and I don't think they chose it randomly. I think they gave it thought, and they let it roll off their tongues to see how it sounded. They loved me, and cared for me, they provided for me, and they thought of a perfect name for me.

Ability: Isn't it great how each of us has certain talents and abilities that are ours alone? He gave us the ability to think, to use our hands and feet, to hear and taste and smell. He gave some the ability to teach, others the ability to sing, some the ability to take a car apart and put it back together...whatever the ability, it was given to us by God. He gave me the ability to play the piano, to sing, to put words together to fashion poems, to type fast and accurately. I feel blessed!

Relatives: I have a great family. I never knew any great-grandparents (that I can remember, anyway), but I had wonderful grandparents. Grandpa P would take us for a walk to the store, bounce us on his knee, sing in German at Christmas, and pass out the Christmas gifts each year. You felt safe and secure at their house. Grandma P was the best cook ever. Somehow, children and grandchildren came out of the woodwork to eat when Grandma was cooking. I honestly believe some of my uncles could smell her cooking miles away. Grandpa B used to pick me up on occasion after school and take me for hot chocolate at Top Hats, he called me and Grandma - Cheshire cats. Never was able to figure that one out. He was tall and could sometimes be stern - especially if you deserved it, but I always knew he loved me. Grandma B used to make doll cakes for us, let us play with her flannelgraph figures that she made for teaching S.S. classes, would take me shopping on occasion, and she was fun to be with. I was blessed to live in a Christian home, with Christian relatives and I am grateful for their influence in my life...and their continued influence in my life.

Appreciation: I think this word has become more popular as time goes by. We live in some rough times - economically, and morally. It used to be that parents wanted their children's lives to be better than theirs. I want that too, but my greatest desire is that they make it through all this in one piece! I think people are looking for things to be appreciative and grateful for. It helps put things in perspective. I'm appreciative of my husband's hard work providing for our family. I'm appreciative of a warm home, of enough clothing, and more than enough food. I'm appreciative of a wonderful church and great friends.

Yours: Huh? Well, you try to come up with something for Y!!! No, really, that word gives me peace, comfort, it makes me excited, it makes me feel I belong. Because I can say without a doubt - to my Saviour, I am Yours. I was 11 when I asked Jesus into my heart, and while it took a while to understand what that meant - it wasn't just "fire insurance", I haven't regretted my choice to accept Him, and choose to live for Him to the best of my ability.

Normal: What's normal? Nothing. Wasn't it Erma Bombeck that said "normal is just a setting on the dryer?" I like that. It makes it easier to view normal that way. Life is filled with twists and turns, and frankly, if everything were normal - we'd be bored.

Esther: My mom's name. A good name, named for a queen. One that had faith, and trusted in God...like my mom. She and my dad raised us well. No, we're not perfect - but we all know the Lord as our Saviour, we all want to live right. She taught me to cook and tried real hard to teach me to keep house. I'm not bad at it, I'm just not fantastic. She prays for her family continuously. She enjoys life. Esther's a good name.

Well, that's my middle name. What's yours? I've enjoyed this game, thanks Kim, for posting it on your blog!

2 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Constance LaRayne....always a beautiful name and regal. Haven't you asked your mom why they picked that name?
Great post Connie....

Marmee's Pantry said...

That was great! So much fun. I wish I had a longer middle name. lol

This is such a fun way to learn about your friends. I'm glad you participated.

Blessings, Kim<><