Thursday, January 21, 2010
Random Dozen for January 21, 2010
1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
If I could physically lock in an age, it would be 16. I was able to walk, run, swim, bike, do just about anything physical I decided to take on. I was a good weight, and felt physically confident.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
Lasagna. Trust me, it's just the recipe off the side of the Mueller's lasagne box, but everyone loves it.
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
I put on some good Christian music, think other thoughts, and start doing something. It's usually an act of the will.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
I was brought up Baptist...I never learned to dance.
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
I like to dream, then I get real!
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
Though terribly frustrated with both my children, I've taught them to care about other people. The oldest takes that to an extreme, in some ways, often overdoing things for others, and they take advantage. The youngest is most caring about the underdog, those who like herself, find it difficult to make friends, and seem like the odd man out.
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
I loved Gomer Pyle when he would be on it, but I loved Barney the most.
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Maybe a 5 or 6
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Tail-gaters, be prepared...if you tail-gate me...I'm slowing down. And if you're stuck behind me with a no-passing yellow line - tough!!
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
Grey - because I'm cold, and kinda gloomy...like the weather.
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
Poor guy, he's my turkey - cause his birthday is quite close (and sometimes on) Thanksgiving. But he's also my teddy bear and has been since before we got married. I even made him a teddy bear cookie jar in his honor.
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Unfortunately, the computer. But to my credit - part of that is because I work from home!!
If you'd like to participate in the Random Dozen, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee