Monday, March 29, 2010

Daybook for March 29, 2010



For Today...

Outside my window...just kind of gloomy. It's not particularly warm, either - but good weather is coming!

I am thinking...that I wish my extended family did a better job of staying in touch. I guess that would have to include me as well. When things happen, it would be nice to know about it when it happens, and not days or weeks later. Sigh.

I am thankful for...my cozy home and the things we have. We're not rich, but we have more than what's needed. Many don't.

From the kitchen...Making a pork roast with carrots, potatoes and onions. Had hope to add cabbage - but the cabbage went bad :-(

I am wearing...black pants and my really worn, pine green, turtle-neck sweater my husband wishes I'd throw out. NOT!

I am remembering…little kids...and how they were, and how different they've become!

I am going...to take the daughter to Ginghamsburg to volunteer with the little ones, then relax.

I am reading...other than devotions and Bible study - nothing new. Looking for a new book to read with hubby...no "chick-flick". We like Christian historical fiction, anyone know of some new series or books out there?

I am hoping...to get some answers to some health issues I've got going on - soon. VERY soon would be nice!

On my mind... wishing I could find one more client as a VA.

I am creating...nothing new at this time.

I am hearing...the tick-tock of our mantle clock, and the tapping of the keyboard keys.

Noticing that…the furnace has run a LOT today. Just how cold is it out there?

Pondering these words: "When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost."
Billy Graham

Around the house...working for my client, making some phones calls, and trying to find a deal on a new electric yard trimmer. I don't want to pay full price!

One of my favorite things...playing Monopoly Deal with my family. Winning makes it even more of my favorite thing :-)

A Scripture Thought: Matthew 20:28
"The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many"

A few plans for the rest of the week...working for client, going to class on Wednesday, going out for Easter.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Happy Easter!

Join in and read other Daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Also, please view my last blog entry and write a word of encouragement to my cousin! Thanks

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Connie! I found your name a bit below mine at the Simple Woman's Daybook site, so thuoght since we're 'neighbors', I would pay you a visit. Hope your gloomy weather has lifted. You dinner sounded delicious!! Have a blessed day Connie. Hugs!

Marmee's Pantry said...

Oh girlfriend...I know exactly what you mean about finding family business out late. Ty's family is SO like that! Nearly every gr-nephew/niece birth is found out about at least 2 weeks after it's born & USUALLY after WE call someone to see if it's here yet...Ty's brother almost died from a burst appendix & I found out about it b/c someone asked his son how his dad was doing in the hospital - a week after it happened - on his FB...our sister-in-law has cancer & we didn't know that she suspected, had been diagnosed & started chemo until another sister-in-law noticed that no had heard from us, so she called 'to see if we knew'...just a couple of days ago, we were talking to Ty's dad IN FLORIDA & HE told us that she has been back in the hospital for about 2 weeks!

OK...I think some of that roast & veggies you're making would make me feel better. '-)

Blessings, Kim<><