Thursday, May 6, 2010


Well, here all along I thought like Jerri from Jerri's Journey, that I was posting on the right day, and I'm not! I'll get it right next time. I'm a little late, but I really enjoy posting Random Dozen, so here goes.

1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?

Going to the doctor. Specifically, the gynecologist. I JUST HATE IT!! So, I put it off. Not a good thing.


2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?

It used to take me hours to fall asleep. But not anymore. I found out that my hormones were very messed up, and now that we're working on that - I fall asleep right away. I used to get between 3.5 and 4.5 hours of sleep (NO KIDDING), and now I get 5.5 to 6 hours of sleep. That's like Heaven.


3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?

I don't have a favorite. I wish I could wear jeans again, and I love comfortable clothes - but that doesn't belong to any one decade. Almost every fashion craze has driven me crazy, so I guess I just won't worry about it, and I'll wear what works for me!

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?

Probably baked spaghetti...but I'm cheating there, because it's my husband's dish - not mine.
It is SO good, though, and he makes enough for an army.


5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?

I am NOT an impulse shopper. In fact, I'm just not a shopper at all! I go if I have to, I get what I need to, and I'm out of there. I will wait a long time before buying something until there's just no choice. I know...that's really odd for most women.

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?

That my children will say that I lived what I believed, that I had a growing relationship with the Lord, and they want to do the same.


7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?

It's a beautiful day out, the birds are chirping, (the dog is barking at the chirping birds), it's sunshiny and warm but not hot. Pure joy. The things to make it more joyful, would be to get some potting soil and finish the potting up of my pretty flowers and tomato plant.


8. What is your favorite type of bread?

15 grain, or Cuban - which is lower in sodium and calories and tastes great fresh out of the breadmaker!

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)


Fearfulness. I actually already combat against it. It's just a horrible thing to contend with. It requires constant preventative tactics...like memorizing and then using God's word (ie., Philippians 4:6&7), and both physically and mentally removing yourself from whatever fearful thoughts you're thinking.


10. What trait would you like most to develop?

My friend and I have discussed this regularly. We're both the same, we want to become more disciplined. It's really easy to procrastinate, to ignore, to give in...and it's really a test of what you're made of to resist, stay strong, move forward.


11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?

You know, I'm not sure there IS a room in the house that reflects just MY personality. Our bedroom is decorated in hand-me-downs that still suffice and probably will for a long time to come. Our living room is a combination of my hubby and I, as well as the kitchen. Perhaps, the living room would be my choice if any - there I display my cross-stitch pictures and net-darning pictures (as well as my mother's cross-stitch), and from there you can watch the birds at the feeders- which I love to do.


12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?

Well, I used to feel things were fairly balanced, when my children were younger, I taught my daughter homeschool, I kept house, went to church, wasn't blogging then. But life has picked up it's pace - and now I need to re-order the balance in my life. I'm working from home, I run the Prayer Chain for church, we work with a small group, still need to take care of the house, go to church, I'm blogging...it all takes time. What I find being short-changed the most, is personal time and my personal healthcare. That's GOTTA change!

This has been a relatively thought provoking Random Dozen! I'll have to think on some of this awhile!

While I'm thinking, why not visit Lid's blog at 2nd Cup of Coffee and see everyone's random answers and maybe add your 2 cents worth? Have fun!

No comments: