Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday at the Sheppards



June Blooms




It's hard to select when there are so many pretty blooms to choose from! The lilies are in bloom,


the Hosta are blooming...though it won't be long, and I'll need to cut the blooms down.


The Hydrangea are all blooming and the Annabelle has huge flowers on it! My favorite time of the year.

The roses are blooming like crazy,



(aren't these beautiful?? I love the old-fashioned, single-petal roses)

Alas, along with these beautiful blooms - the deluge of rain we've been having has brought out a multitude of weeds and alien horde of Japanese Beetles! Ah well, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad! That's what's happening just beyond our picket fence, how about yours?

If you'd like to see other beautiful blooms...check out Ms Green"thumb" Jean for more Bloomin'Tuesday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh your first shot with the collage of blooms is so cool. Beautiful flowers today, my favorite has to be the Hydrangea. :)

Lynn said...

Everything looks nice! We could use a little rain in Philly, and I just noticed my first two beetles yesterday!

Anonymous said...

I like your collage; it is attractively arranged.

Jean said...

Beautiful photos of very lovely blooms. We need rain bad. They keep saying it's coming but we never get it. Too bad the weeds grow as well as the plants. Jean

Marmee's Pantry said...

Lovely. :-) You have such a green thumb.

Blessings, Kim<><

Sherry said...

Is your hydrangea a lacecap? I used to have one but not at the place we live now. Your collage is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.