Monday, October 11, 2010




FOR TODAY, October 11, 2010

Outside my window... sun is beginning to set. It's been a beautiful day.

I am thinking...what a great time my hubby and I had roaming around southwest Ohio this weekend.

I am thankful for...a husband who puts up with my occasional bouts of travel fever.

From the kitchen... sorry, nothing tonight. Got to go to Olive Garden!

I am wearing...black pant, red top.

I am creating...a plan for my new office/scrapbooking room.

I am going...to start painting my daughter's new bedroom (we're switching rooms)

I am reading...Proverbs

I am hoping..to get back on track with my eating program tomorrow, too many interruptions this weekend.

I am hearing...the clock in the living room, and the fan in my daughter's room.

Around the house...need to put some things on EBay, Craig's List and FreeCycle!

One of my favorite things...Red Clover tea and a dab of West Milton produced honey.

A few plans for the rest of the week: work for clients, laundry, data processing for Thanksgiving Baskets at church.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Wouldn't you know - the prettiest fall color is in the cemetery nearby! We travelled northeast of this area a fairly long way, and saw no prettier color than this batch of trees one town over from here. I never stop being amazed at what God has created.

Join Peggy Hostetler, and other Daybookers at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Read others Daybooks, or if you'd like to join in, click here.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, I love that picture of that tree! Made me want to cry it is so beautiful. Living in Florida, we do not have such gorgeous autumn beauty. Thank you for sharing that breathtaking moment with me! Sounds like you did exactly what I was writing about...took a nice ride in the farm country. You are more blessed than you know!! Also, the West Milton Honey sounds delicious...I remember some people who lived in West Milton..probably not still living there, but in heaven...the Garbers...and she was such a great cook! She probably had some of that W.Milton honey too! Thanks for the memories!!!

Connie said...

Pam, yes, I remember the Garbers - long since gone. Both of them are in heaven now.

We get the honey from what used to be a working pig farm just half a block away (thankfully the wind usually blew the other way), but now they're older - and just sell honey. Tis' the best!

Color here in Ohio is a bit drab - (1) it's been terribly dry, and (2) it's NOT Michigan! Not as many hardwoods.

I thought that picture was fantastic too, surprising for my little 35 mm!

Jerralea said...

I love to roam around cemeteries. Sometimes they can be really beautiful. I love the picture of that tree!

It's so fun (but a lot of work) to switch rooms around. I'm sure your new office/scrapbooking room will be great!

Marmee's Pantry said...

Loved that tree! Ours just really started turning this week...as usually happens on Columbus Day wkend. Our favorite tree seemed to have dropped a lot today...I noticed when I came home from work. But it's still quite full of color on one side. Ever notice how the east side of the trees seems to turn 1st? The Lord is so good & so orderly.

I'm ready for those cool, fall temps to come back, aren't you? :-)

Have fun painting your DD's room...you can do my living room when you're finished there! lol '-)

Love & blessings...Kim<><