Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Dozen for October 13, 2010



1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)

Lima, Ohio - Russia, Ohio - neither pronounced the way you'd think. Lima is not Leema, like Lima, Peru...it's Lima like lima bean. Russia doesn't have a short u sound, it has an ooh sound...like Roosha. Not my fault, I'm not native Ohian.


2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")

I use them, but for Twitter only, to save space. I really DON'T like them.

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.

My hair was my big worry. I had fairly long hair, and it never wanted to go where I wanted it to go. But I got it done, and sprayed down with a can of hairspray, and stayed in the air conditioning until pic time.

What?? No question 4? what's with that?

5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.

I was not from the popular jock set, went to homecoming games - but just as a regular spectator. No real outstanding memories from high school. I was part of homecoming in college, had a date (which was not memorable). Homecoming is just not one of my fond memories, I guess.

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"

I love both - but since I'm rarely awak for sunrise, I guess my favorite is sunset.


7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"

Travel internationally. I'd love to go to Germany, Austria and Russia


8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"

I can't imagine that. I love animals - but not so much I'd want to be one.

9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.

Ten years ago, my hubby had a go no where job, and we were concerned it would end (contract-type). I was homeschooling our daughter, and teaching a few piano lessons...we were struggling to keep from worrying.

We were very involved in a church that was having horrible problems, and felt trapped, because we'd been church hunting before and there weren't too many choices.

Now ask about where I was nine years ago? Everything changed for the better. Which goes to prove that worry and fear are worthless, the things you were afraid of may never happen, or your circumstances might change in such a fantastic way, you could never have dreamed of it.

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?

I try not to...I don't think I do.

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"

Caramel Flan


12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.)

I really do struggle with questions like this - cause I can't think of being in any other family than the one I am in.

But to really stretch my imagination, maybe the Little House on the Prairie Family, because the loved each other intensely, and stuck together through thick and thin, fun times and sad times - just like families are supposed to!


These random questions were asked at Linda Crow's blog, 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you'd like to join in and link up, go here.

No comments: