Thursday, February 28, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things.

Well, finally, we're beginning to all feel better. Still sounds a bit like a TB ward - with all the coughing - but at least we feel ok.

I'm still working my apprenticeship. I've done a lot of research for my site owner, and interacted with her site. Now, I'm look for articles we can use, and for experts in the field - willing to share on her website. That's been an interesting change.

Kaitlyn is really slacking off in school. I'm really having to get after her almost everyday, either about work left undone, or work done badly. She is so unmotivated.

I believe that when the weather warms up a bit, I'm going to insist on her spending a little time 3 or 4 days out of the week looking for a job. She needs to see what life's about, what expectations people will have of her, and so on. I can preach it until I'm blue in the face....but she needs to experience it for real, now. That, and she needs to learn to drive. No more excuses. I've got to start calling around for a Drivers Ed. program, and get this moving. Spring is around the corner, so most of the bad weather is done. Now's the time.

We've been doing a Life Skills study guide - and she's been learning things like opening a savings account, a checking account, deposits, withdrawals. She's going to be learning about buying, watching for sales, sales tax, getting insurance, filling out applications, budgeting, asking for a raise. All those great things she's going to be facing soon. I think she surprised herself that she understood the lessons on savings and checking. She was always telling me she couldn't do that, but she gets it. She sells herself short sometimes.

22 more days til Spring. There's a strange thing in the sky, someone suggested it was the Sun. Huh, haven't seen one in such a long time - I forgot what it looked like!

No comments: