Monday, June 9, 2008

Bloomin' Tuesday


So has EVERYONE been dealing with the awful heat? It has been like a really bad August here in Ohio. This is not fun gardening weather.

We had so many heavy thunderstorms last week, the poor roses and weigela and Hardy Geraniums took a real beating. The blooms that didn't fall off look all ragged and torn.

This is my first Bloomin' Tuesday edition. So be patient with me. By way of introduction, I'm Connie from Ohio, married to a great garden loving hubby, with 2 children - the youngest just turned 18 this week. We have a 13 yr. old border collie mix named Petey. I'm an avid gardener, scrapbooker, homeschooling mom.

Tonight, I have a question. Have any of you moved from one home to another and taken your garden (or most of it) with you? We are considering a move...albeit 2 doors down and across to another street. We've put a lot of time and money into our garden and love it....we don't want to leave it behind!! Anybody had experience with moving a garden?

I'm including a couple of pics. Enjoy. Have a good week. Don't forget to stop by Bloomin' Tuesday at http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/2008/06/bloomin-tuesday.html

4 comments:

Jean said...

Connie, I don't blame you for wanting to move your gardens. I've heard of people that mark things when the house is for sale that they will be taking with them. I love the area with the wall and the fountain. Beautiful! I signed you up on Mr Linky. Thanks for joining in! Jean

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Connie from Ohio,
I am Lea from Arkansas! It is very nice to meet you and I am PRIVILEGED TO get to be thee first person to sign your Bloomin Post! heehee
Love your flowers, and by all means IF YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THEM; DONT LEAVE THEM! hehaoaoaoaoo EGADS... I feel light headed just thinking of having to "leave" ANYBODY in my bloomin garden! I shudder at that very thought!
Have a beautiful day,
Hi to the fam,
and thee dog. :)
Stop by thee potting shed sometime okay?
Lea
<*)))><

Suzanne said...

Hi Connie, Your blooms are beautiful. Your area has been hit hard with storms this last week, hasn't it? It's nice to see your garden is doing so well in spite of it all. Good luck on the move!

Deb said...

Hi Connie
This was my first time doing Bloomin Tuesday too and I have found so many fabulous blogs because of it :-}
The heat wave we've been experiencing has finally ended & the temps are more enjoyable now. Good luck with your move (could you divide some of your favourite plants to take with you) :-}.