Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2009!

Well, the past few weeks have just flown by! The shopping, wrapping, cleaning, baking, etc., is now done - thank the Lord. I have a week to do some scrapbooking, organizing, planning, preparing, and the inevitable returning to do.

If you're one to struggle with weight, be thinking of me with understanding and perhaps some prayer. I'm starting a doctor-supervised program on the third. I'm apprehensive about it, mainly, because I don't want to fail again...but somewhat because of the supplements. Sometimes, my system doesn't like that stuff too well. We shall see.

So we're busy preparing menus for the rest of the family, things like hot dogs, frozen entrees, french toast, hamburgers, things they can fix quick and with minimal work. I will not be able to fix big meals for them at first. Maybe once I get losing, it will be easier to do that - but at first, kitchen duty is going to have to be light.

Our poor doggy is getting old. He IS 14, but it's hard to watch. Some mornings, I'm not sure he's going to wake up. When he does, he's confused, can't get turned around, can hardly move, and just seems so out of it. He doesn't hear too well anymore, and I think he might be having some vision problems, too. Poor old guy. But pick up his lead, and he's raring to go - he can't go on long walks anymore, but he wouldn't miss some walking if he can help it. Fact is, he still would go walking in the rain and snow - but his dog walker can't handle that anymore!!

Petey - still hoping!

We all had a great Christmas. What did everyone get?? I got some clothes, a New American Standard Bible, some scrapbooking stuff, and a pair of emerald earrings. Emerald is my birthstone. Needless to say, I was excited.

Well, I'm off to make some tacos. The last week before going "cold turkey" - not the right choice of words in this case!!

Ta-Ta!!


No comments: