Wednesday, January 14, 2009



FOR TODAY (January 14, 2009)
Outside My Window...the snow is coming down fast and furious! It looks like we have about 2 inches on the ground already.
I am thinking...I'll never be warm again! (it's 9 degrees, and I'm a little 'Sara Burnhardt-ish')
I am thankful for...my husband is home from the hospital, and seems to be ok. He decided to scare us a bit over the weekend with a case of tachycardia. He'll be following up with a cardiologist on the 28th.
From the learning rooms...American Government is the current enemy. The "I'll never use this stuff" excuse comes up again and again. I think it's a good thing to learn - but I'd have to agree, that most of it - if you need to know it anytime in the future - you could Google it!
From the kitchen...not much of anything these days, just whatever needs to be made to sustain life! (lol) I'm on a partial fast, and get very little food. I don't even like being around it right now, because of the temptation. John and the kids are doing a lot of chicken nuggets, hamburgers, pancakes, frozen pizzas, and hot dogs these days. Willingly, I might add.
I am wearing...well, I'm wearing my pjs. I discovered this morning, that I have no clean pants! They're in the washer as we speak.
I am creating...a doggy scrapbook!! A 6 x 6 album of Petey that is quietly sitting there waiting for me to resume, but I ran out of adhesives.
I am going...to the doctors this evening for my first official weigh-in. I think I've lost a bit. Report later.
I am reading...The God Who Cares with my hubby.
I am hoping...that if it's going to keep snowing, that the meeting John has to go tonight will get cancelled. We can't cancel the dr.s appointment or Kaitlyn's work - but one less direction to go in would be good.
I am hearing...Looney Tunes on the TV. It's lunchbreak, and my 18 year old needs to put her brain in low gear, I guess.
Around the house...we're in the midst of painting, and cleaning up the front hall closet. I don't think it's been done since we moved here!
One of my favorite things...is to snuggle under the afghan with a cup of coffee and watch the world go by (especially since it's 9 degrees!)
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Continuing my program, adding a few foods to my supplements this week. Running to the grocery store for a few odds and ends before we get hit with more snow tomorrow and Friday. Stay Warm!!!!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Care to join us??

Have a wonderful, warm, January day!

Stop by and visit the Simple Woman's Daybook at
.http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I hope you hubby is better. Scary. My hubby gave us a panic last year when we thought he had a heart attach - and they run in his family. But, PTL, he had terrible reflux and is now treated for it. As am I.

Tell your student that we all said that we would never use it - NOW, of course, we know how important it is.

I really like your idea of a doggie scrapbook. What fun! :-)

Can you believe this beautiful, fluffy snow? Stay warm!

Blessings, Kim Wolf<><