Saturday, June 20, 2009

Busy Week!

Wow, I let a whole week go by, and didn't post anything. Well, it's been a little hectic. Monday is always chore day, and errand day...but I noticed too, that I felt like I had the beginnings of a sinus infection, and my left ear and just in front of the ear ached. So, I took some sinus medication and some Tylenol and called it a day.

Tuesday, I worked for my client as a Virtual Assistant, did some laundry and dishes, and again - noticed I just wasn't feeling to well...and my upper jaw seemed to hurt.

Wednesday - kaboom!! I woke up with the most awful pain in my left jaw - upper and lower. I couldn't tell what tooth was bothering me - but I recognized the symptoms. I had an abscessed tooth. I'm sure the sinuses are involved as well, but no doubt about it - a tooth was abscessed.
So I called the dentist and they, of course, said to come on in. They took x-rays and because the one tooth that he felt might be the one is the last molar in the left side on the top - the xrays had to be shoved WAYYYY back in my mouth. I, therefore, proceeded to gag. They never did get a proper x-ray. So loaded down with antibiotic and pain pills - I headed home.

Now, isn't there (or shouldn't there be) some sort of rule that says that once you're on the medicine the pain should immediately subside?? I think that's only fair! If you gotta gag down these huge horse pills - the least they could do is work...NOW...SOOONER THAN NOW!!!!
I have issues with pain as it is - but abscessed teeth are the absolute worse. You need to get away from the pain - but there's no place to go, it just follows you.

Thankfully, by Thursday morning - the edge was off, and I was able to keep working for my client. By Thursday evening, the pain had pretty much subsided - and I was able to volunteer at church on Friday.

Friday was fun. My client is on vacation. She calls her next business day clients the day before or Friday before a Monday - to confirm. So I had to make her calls for her. I drove to church (20 minutes away), worked until 11, left for home - made my calls (which got a bit complicated when I realized my client had double booked herself), ate a quick lunch, drove back to church - and worked until 5. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time I got home.

So, let me make my excuses for not writing. I'll get more organized and get back on track. I want to take some updated pictures of our garden. It's looking so good. We're beginning to pick raspberries!! Yum.

All in all, though busier than I've been in a long time, and mingled with some nasty pain, it was a satisfying week. Hope yours was the same!

Well, Dad, John, Ron, Wayne and all you fathers, stepfathers...etc.,

1 comment:

Grandmother Wren said...

Hello Connie!
I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find each other and share our daybooks while Peggy is on vacation.
Please stop by on Mondays and add your link –
I’d love to have you!